Well… I’m already cold.
Summer isn’t even over yet but everyone seems to be talking about pumpkin and coffee … (or is it pumpkin coffee?) and other things related to the season on the horizon. Yes, even if the calendar says otherwise, Fall is here.
While I will miss being warm (and so will Felipe, who is already shivering on our morning walks), I am excited for the season and all the fabulous things that come with it. Perhaps because I visited the Brooklyn Flea for the first time last weekend or maybe because I’m depressed about the weather getting cooler and I need something to focus on, I bring you….
The Tri-State Bucket List – FALL 2014!
- Paint Party – I might be a little late to the game, but I want to try one of these! Plus, Arte Vino Studio in Hoboken currently has a Groupon.
- Walk the Highline! I’ve actually done this once before, about 2 summers ago after visiting the Brooklyn Botanic. It’s a lovely stroll above the city and I’d like to go back for a visit while the leaves are changing.
- The Awesome 80s Prom was on my “maybe” list for a while. Then, my boyfriend’s mom won tickets last winter and gave them to us. We’ll be going sometime this fall and I’ll let you know how it is!
- The Hoboken Arts & Music Festival is coming up and I’m VERY excited to check it out on September 28th.
- Bark in the Park is another upcoming event in Hoboken. Last year, I participated as a vendor (selling these), so I’m looking forward to seeing the event this time rather than working it!
- My mom and I checked out the Brooklyn Flea last weekend with my friend Julianna and her mother. The Williamsburg market was closed, so we visited the Park Slope location. It was fantastic!! However, I can’t wait to go back and check out the larger market before it moves indoors for the winter.
- Will and I tried to get tickets for Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns last year and it was totally sold out. Hopefully we will have a chance to go this year. This is definitely my speed as far as Halloween is concerned… no haunted houses for me, thanks.
- Central Perk! I’m a Friends fanatic, so this is a MUST. I also need to check it off my list ASAP since this pop-up café is only open until October 18, 2014.
- Grounds for Sculpture is another place I’d like to visit in the fall. Sigh.
- I haven’t been back to Storm King Arts Center in a few years now and I’d love to go back this fall!
- I finally stopped by Revival Vintage Boutique last weekend. As expected, I fell in love. I’ll be going back in the near future in search of 80s Prom costumes. Hopefully, I’ll also swing by Mint Market, a vintage boutique I’ve been meaning to check out.
- On Saturday, I learned that one of the coolest places in Hoboken, The Frayed Knot, will be closing this year. SO SAD! I will definitely be visiting frequently this fall before they leave Hoboken and move to L.A.